San Diego Comic-Con may have gone virtual in 2020 (due to the outbreak of COVID-19), but that hasn’t stopped the Con from showcasing a number of toy exclusives. One of these exclusives is the 2020 Summer Convention Mr. Freeze Funko Pop! figure.
In this post, I am taking a look at this limited edition figure, offering up a few images, along with my thoughts on this seriously cool collectible.
Mr. Freeze 2020 Summer Convention Funko Pop!
Before I begin discussing this Mr. Freeze Funko Pop! figure, I had best tell you how you can purchase one. As mentioned above, San Diego Comic-Con went virtual this year, so the figure was not available at the show, instead it went straight to retailers.
If you live in the UK, this Mr. Freeze Funko Pop! is exclusive to The Entertainer. In France, Micromania is where you will find the figure.
GameStop is where you will find Mr. Freeze, if you live in Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland or the US.
Remember, this figure is a limited edition release, so outside of these stores, your only other opportunity to pick him up will be on the secondary market, where you will pay a higher price.
OK, onto the figure.
This exclusive Mr. Freeze is the latest release in Funko’s line of Batman Anthology Pop! figures. A standard Freeze figure is already available – decked out in his silver Freeze suit – so if you want to get hold of the standard figure, you can pick him up from most stores that sell Funko products.
This Con figure is the same model as the standard release, but boasts a completely different colour scheme. Approximately 75% of the figure is translucent blue, while the remaining 25% is opaque white (or black for his eyes).
As you can see in the images, glitter has also been added to the figure, to create a subtle, wintry feel to this cool criminal. The good news is the glitter is incorporated into the plastic, rather than placed on the outside, so no matter how often you handle Mr. Freeze, you won’t look like you’ve been wrestling with a Hallmark card.
The glitter is a neat touch, but it is the sheer amount of detail that makes this figure really stand out. The Freeze suit features little sprockets and gizmos and they are all present and correct here, which help bring the figure to life.
Is the Mr. Freeze Funko Pop! figure worth buying?
Standard Funko Pop! figures usually retail around the price of £10 – £10.95. This 2020 Summer Convention Mr. Freeze figure carries a retail price of £15, so it is a little more expensive.
Is the figure worth the extra few pounds? I suppose that comes down to personal preference, but I believe it is, yes.
In essence, this is a new take on a regular model, rather than a new sculpt. This isn’t a casual Mr. Freeze in his dressing gown and polar bear slippers, this is a winterised Freeze – and if that’s what you want, then this is certainly the figure for you.
I had the choice between regular Freeze and the translucent Freeze, and the translucent figure won out. It looked great when Funko previewed it, and now that I have it in front of me I’m mesmerised by it.
When the figure catches the light it is truly something to behold. Plus the combination of translucent blue and opaque white works so well with the character, adding a touch of ‘frost’ in all the right places.
For me, this Mr. Freeze figure is highly recommended.
As this Mr. Freeze figure is a variant of an existing product it is the same size as a regular Funko Pop! toy (approx 5 inches). The figure features one point of articulation, and comes packaged in the same box as the standard toy, albeit with a sticker on the window to indicate it is a limited edition release.
If you wish to purchase one for yourself, don’t hang around too long. This figure looks good and is sure to get snapped up by collectors.
Thank you for stopping by I’ll Get Drive-Thru to read this review of the 2020 Summer Convention Mr. Freeze Funko Pop! figure. For more Batman Funko Pop! reviews, be sure to take a look at the recommended reads below.
- Review: Batman & Robin 80th anniversary Batman Funko Pop! figure
- Review: Batman ’89 & Batman Forever Funko Pop! figures
- Review: Batman: The Animated Series Funko Pop! figures