If you’re a fan of the excellent televisual gem that is Batman: The Animated Series (and who isn’t?), then you will know that alongside the fantastic animation and the superb writing, the show also features some of the best villains committed to the small screen. From The Joker and Poison Ivy, to Ra’s Al Ghul and Scarface and the Ventriloquist, Batman: The Animated Series packs a punch in the villain department, and then some!
But not every villain featured in the series is gold-standard material. There are some villains who were either designed as a one-time only foe, or who are simply a bit rubbish.
These villains pop up here and there, do what they need to do, then slink away never to be heard from again. However, in the process, they join an exclusive club known as ‘The one-time villains of Batman: The Animated Series!’
Want to know who they are? Of course you do!
In this post, I am presenting a list of all the noteworthy villains who only appear in one episode of Batman: The Animated Series. These guys and gals are all one-offs, so take a look at the list to see who made the cut!
List of Batman villains only featured once in Batman: The Animated Series
- Maxie Zeus – ‘Fire From Olympus’
- Boss Biggis – ‘The Forgotten’
- The Sewer King – ‘The Underdwellers’
- Ferris Boyle – ‘Heart of Ice’
- Lloyd Ventrix – ‘See No Evil’
- Nostromos – ‘Prophecy of Doom’
- Josiah Wormwood – ‘The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy’
- Dr. Hugo Strange – ‘The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne’
- Dr. Emile Dorian – ‘Tyger Tyger’
- Anthony Romulus – ‘Moon of the Wolf’
- Jimmy ‘The Jazzman’ Peake – ‘I Am the Night’
- Count Vertigo – ‘Off Balance’
- Montague Kane – ‘Zatanna’
- The Terrible Trio – ‘The Terrible Trio’
- Grant Walker – ‘Deep Freeze’
- Roxy Rocket – ‘The Ultimate Thrill’
- Calendar Girl – ‘Mean Seasons’
- Thomas Blake – ‘Cult of the Cat’
- Farmer Brown – ‘Critters’
- Klarion – ‘The Demon Within’
- Livewire – ‘Girls’ Night Out’
- The Creeper – ‘Beware the Creeper’
Please note: Some of the characters listed above, such as Livewire and The Creeper, do appear in other shows set within the DC Animated Universe (DCAU), including Superman: The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited, they just don’t appear in Batman: The Animated Series more than once!
As you can probably see from the list, the vast majority of the ‘one-off’ characters are not particularly great characters. However, Maxie Zeus, Calendar Girl, and Dr. Hugo Strange all had a lot of potential, so it is a shame they only popped up once.
Thank you for dropping by I’ll Get Drive-Thru to read this post about Batman: The Animated Series. For more DC-related posts and content, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.
Leave a Reply